Thursday, June 19, 2008

Hiking the "Y"

It's time for me to get into shape -
I'm so excited, this year Susie and Seth are joining me!

I'm so lucky to have such a fun step-daughter
and grandson.
Wildflowers in bloom

I love this little guy - he just talks and talks
all the way up it is so cute to get a 6 year-old's take on life
It's pure and real
You can see the beautiful regrowth several years
after the fires.

For me hiking the "Y" has been somewhat of a
spiritual experience - I relate it to life: Its hard, really hard. Keep going,
breathe, then listen to the quiet and release the tightness of unrealistic expectations.
I feel glad to be me - no matter what the world below thinks.
We did it!

I'm so proud of Susie

Good times!


Seth's backpack zipper was broken he is so darn cute!

Until next time!

4 comments:

Pritchard Family - Megan said...

Way to go guys! I am so proud of you for doing it! Tell Seth and Suzy "Hi" for me.

Anonymous said...

great job guys!!

Sarah-sponda said...

You guys are such little engines. Tell Seth and Suzy we say hello too.

Unknown said...

I always wondered what it really looked like up there!

Hope you get a moment to hop on over to my blog before the free book contest ends Monday.